Followed by a 5-minute-study of Mishnah Tractate Berakhot
Wednesday, 2 December, 19:00-21:00
Introduction to Judaism Course: Key Bible Stories: Abraham
Friday, 4 December, 19:00-20:30
Community Zoom Talk 18:30-19:00
Torah Weekly Portion : Vayishlach – [Jacob]
• Jacob prepares to meet Esau. He wrestles with a “man,” who changes Jacob’s name to Israel. (32:4-33)
• Jacob and Esau meet and part peacefully, each going his separate way. (33:1-17)
• Dinah is raped by Shechem, the son of Hamor the Hivite, who was chief of the country. Jacob’s sons Simeon and Levi take revenge by murdering all the males of Shechem, and Jacob’s other sons join them in plundering the city. (34:1-31)
• Rachel dies giving birth to Benjamin and is buried in Ephrah, which is present-day Bethlehem. (35:16-21)
• Isaac dies and is buried in Hebron. Jacob’s and Esau’s progeny are listed. (35:22-36:43)
Haftarah: Hosea 11:7-12:12
Hanukkah is approaching!
We will light the first candle on 10 December evening. Due to the pandemic, we will probably not be able to meet in person for our traditional community celebration. Instead we invite you to light the candles every evening of Hanukkah over zoom. We invite you all to make Hanukkah greeting cards at home, alone or as a family. Send your cards to the community address (until December 7) and we will send them out randomly to the community members and associates, as a sign of solidarity. Please, make as many cards as you can, so that every community member and associate could get at least one card.